Over the last year I reinvented the wheel of writing and publishing a couple of books, and I have a few ideas that can make your journey easier.
- Use Amazon kdp: https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/ (Many reasons why this is good)
- Change your page size to 6″ x 9″
- Learn how to insert page numbers in different sections and insert them
- Change your font size to 11 and use Arial.
- “Justify” to both sides
- Start all chapters on the right (odd) side
- Figure out the structure that you want; sections, chapters etc … make sure it flows for your intended audience.
- Next, run it by OV1 for some formatting improvements… then, publish it!!! I know it isn’t done and ready yet, but publish it and order a couple of “author copies” for about $4 each… having YOUR book in your hand will help you design the rest of it.
- Plan to pay an editor $500 to $1k to edit it, it costs less if you have friends do it first (many will promise to help, ZERO will get it done in a timely manner)
- Do it right. Like, people can tell when a book is self-published from your mom’s basement, make sure to allow me or another experienced person to mentor you… don’t do what most voluntaryists have done; good content but low-level editing, cover, layout, font etc…
- Writing the excellent first 90% of the book is the easiest part, and makes up about 10% of the work. You will sell three copies to the 35 family and friends who promise to buy a copy. Unless you hustle, you will never sell another copy.
By the way, if you have not already done so, please submitt YOUR testimony about how you became a voluntaryist HERE.